Illustration done by Karyna Sukha, London art student and my cousin, check out her art here http://krissssirk.tumblr.com/
I guess summer is officially here. Time to loose those last killos from winter, pack away your fur (ahh), yur boots and warm cashmere, open up for light, bright, happy clothes. To be fair, I am not crazy about it. I don’t like summer.. Yes, i seriously don’t.. And now I probably have 100 followers fewer..Hah, well, I am aware of the fact, that most people love it. So I gotta comment on the topic. If still not sure which pieces you are missing, this photoshoot represnts it all. A list of summer clothes, your vacation capsule wardrobe.
Light blouses, with color, with short sleeves, without sleeves, in all possible colors, the more, the better, avoid polyester though, as much as you can.
White trousers, the best are breathy, a bit wider in cut, not too tight, too tight looks vulgar, breathy look fresh and sexy.
Dresses, open back dresses, silk dresses, white dresses, colorful dresses, theme dresses.
Skirts, pensin, pleats, A-shapes, maxi and midi, not so often mini.
Flufy, parmuled hair, sunglasses, sandals and a big smile, summer is here!
!IF U CAN DRIVE ONLY!
As a big auto fan and a big fashion fan I like to combine both. What can be cooler when a pretty girls drives a pretty car. Thinking about that I found this pretty shoot and came up with a list of fashionable accessories (it is all about accessories, because your outfit is a car) I realy need when I drive:
2. Sunglasses. Nothing is worse when you cannot drive because the sun light is blinding you. Therefore I also have two pair of driving sunglasses, big and dark Prada’s for summer and very light brown Boss Orange for winter.
3. Comfortable shoe wear. No, it should not be those special car loafers, not the most sexy shoe wear, to be fair.. But ladies 120mm Louboutins are pretty when you walk, no one sees them when you drive, so save your heels and dont be lazy to change. I never drive wearing high heels
4. Watch & Bracelets and other hand accessories. I am a bit of an hand/wrist fetishist. I love to have a watch, couple bracelets and I like see those on others. Taken into account that your wrists are practically the only thing which is good visible, you an make an accent on that.
5. Scarfs. Also a way to show off, specially when driving a cabrio, out it over your hair, bright lipstick and you are a queen on the road, but hey, only if you CAN drive!
Bottega Venete announced that it now also has a service, which would stamp two random letters to your bag. Called bag personalisation. You can do it on four sorts of leather and can choose between eight colors. Louis Vuitton among others also have this service.
Personalisation is another way to say, “Hey I also have money to buy it, but I also have time and need to bother and stamp letters on it”. Nowadays you can get your initials on your car nubmer shield, on your suit, jeans have labels to write your name on it, so do nags for children. I had one, because back when we were 8 it was about finding your bag among 30 others and not about showing off. Well it is handy when we have a party, and six girls come over with six identical bags, then it is take us less time to see which is which.. Other than that, why would ruin it?
When walking around with AW on your bag, no one cares whether you are Anna Wintor, Amando Wood or just an Awesome Whore.. Majority would suggest the last though…. It is already good enough you have a pretty bag, no need to stamp yourself…
Mritting one of the latest posts about white wear I could not omit it to write about it’s magesty mr. Black color.
Some say that in fact black, is absence of a color, some say, it is where is all started. For me, black is the color king. In our western fashion world, black is considered as a powerful, trnedy and sexy color, always in, always appropriate.
Black is a color of academics, as they always have black robes, it is a color of a black tie dress code, which came from a balck tuxedo, color of lawyers and judges, muslim woman in the end.
Statistically, 48% of our wardrobes are in a black color, my would be 65 percent.
It is said, that black is not really a color in summer time, I disagree. It depends on many factors.
- Fabric is important. Everything heavy, like velvet or wool is bad! I would also leave out silk, as it looks likfe evening wear. Linen, cotton, viscosa and mixes are good. And no, no polyester!
- Tone is important. There are many tones of black, from deep to nearly charcoral. I dont like light tones of black in summer, in the sun, it looks like it has been washed out.
- Skin tone plays a big role. If you are still pale, or your are always pale, then it is the best to avoid black open tops in summer.
- No one says that you should only wear black with black, add color, make your look exciting for the eyes! Shoes, jewellery, belts, light scarfs and hair accessories!
- Try to add peep toe shoes, with a blight nails, it freshes up the outfit, and makes your look summerly. Also, watch for your bag.. Probably leave that sick black leather bag at home.. Straw summer bags in color is a good alternative
- Lace is very nice and summerly stuff, but if you wear it black, double check whether this piece in balck, is suitable as a day wear. It also applyes to the rest of black wear. In winter, you can make it, but in summer, you might get wierd looks
- Summer is a hard time to hide your body imperfections (we all have those), so use black color as your partner on those areas.
- Make up will complete your look, but be modest, it is hot, we sweat, we all! sweat, and it looks nasty. Emphasise nails and lips.
See how VOGUE Mexico, (May12) has interpred it!
I have recently expressed my strong disbilieve in H&M Luxury..link A topic many people wrote millions of times.. And I am not the only one, here is a comment to the article I find so good that I share it:
From lovelyritablog (link): Totally spot on! I can’t help laughing when one of my friends goes ‘i’m gonna wear my Lanvin” Sorry, your what? love, you don’t have a Lanvin, you have an H&M, probably designed by some intern at Lanvin, made in a factory who knows where with H&M quality, and you get that after spending like 20 times more than what an H&M dress really costs and queing for hours to fight with 300 hundred more people for a piece of that ‘luxury’ collection. I’m sorry, but i rather spend that time and money in searching in a proper vintage shop for a vintage piece with all the real luxury qualities of Lanvin. Luxury is not just the label, it’s much more than that.
I am not going to come back to criticisms again, enough said, just wanted to share good thoughts with you.
P.S. If you are going out not only for the sake of going out, but you also make a little show out of this act (like I do), then this advices from ADR will be heplful:
1. No DRESS-CODE! But Get a LOOK!
2. Emphasizes your shape, if it’s a DISCO party, it’s all about BODY LANGUAGE.
3. Go very LIGHT! Leave home coat, scarf, and bulky bags: no LAYERS are admitted!
4. No wearing STOCKINGS! Bare legs are more sexy and irresistible. Spray on AIRBRUSH LEGS and you will get silky and smooth skin in an instant.
5. Of course you can wear BLACK, but you will disappear in the darkness.
6. Absolutely HIGH-HEELS: otherwise you will disappear in the crowd.
7. LONG dress is permitted but you will clean all the dance floor.
8. From the waist up is very important: get an extravagant, strong MAKE-UP, get fresh and smelling HAIR.
9. Hands free, no clutch, no phones, no cigarettes: HANDS UP!
10. Enjoy the DANCE!