I am mostly excited about Paris Fashion Week as it promises to be breathtaking. Look at all the names we are going to see, be sure to watch the shows online!
Dsquared showed something very different on a Milan Runway, something we haven’t seen by anyone else. Quite a few black pieces (finally), open happy combinations, great hair style, young and cheeky. A show I personally got to highlight. Makes you wanna stay tight, slim, sexy and fit in winter…Pictures taken from vogue.de P.S. I saw finally Karl’s full collection life today. Well, it looks just as bright as on the pictures, I definitely I was not disappointed, I think it is a good price/quality combination. A bit wide cut, but not too oversized, definitely a capsule collection, i.e. everything can be combined with everything.. It is good!
Let’s start with most coherent, easy to follow, inspiring, artistic and impressive collection, Dolce & Gabbana. Their Spring Summer Collection continues in their Winter collection, similar cut and shape, style, color, idea, lace, feminism, lines, highlights, one opening face – Bianka Balti, never changing Domenico and Stefano.. I just love it..
I am a big fan of fashion reading, books and journals, any kind of press, online or on paper, is a must read daily. I am obviosuly a big Vogue Fan, trying to get as many internatioanal issues as I possibly can. Sometimes, I go for Harpers Bazaar, which is not easy to find in Germany, and also quite often for Elle. I gotta say, Elle beats Vogue several times a year in content, pictures and fashion shoots. So I decided to comment on fashion infos coming from Elle March issue (germany), which I found very informative.
– It starts with many Fashion commercials, mostly already known to us, but on one I gotta comment: Roberto Cavalli’s new fragrance.. Well I have tryed it… Sorry, but it smells like dill.. eactly that green gras you put into a soup to make it more appitizing.. Wearing it I felt like I was cooking and smelled like kitchen..
– Moving on, Fashion Event, if you happend to be in Paris from 9th of March till 16 of September you gotta visit exibition ‘Louis Vuitton Marc Jacobs’ in parisien museum Les Arts Decoratifs. Some extraordinary outfits are going to be showed.. I guess it is worth looking at… I’ll be there, and will let you know..
– Very exciting for Louis Vuitton german fans , New Oppening, Neu Eröffnung, the first Louis Vuitton Maison in Germany will be opened in 2013 in Munich. 1300sm big, with 3 Levels, a first LV Storeconcept in Germany built like a house, with bars, living rooms and personal office, to make clientes feel like at home, while shopping for luxury VL products..
– I said there is only one commercail I would want to comment, well I lied.. there is another one, Tara Jarmon’s summer collection campaign. Great colors, really clear cut, I really like the look, and would want it.. BUT, then I look at the shoes, and AGAIN! They are simply 2 sizes bigger than the feet and she is falling out of them.. It is a direct relation to my earlier post ‘Ugly truth’ and I feel very unhappy to see this mist again.. It really ruins the look and my excitment.. Why is it so challenging to shoot a perfect foto for a campaign? No such option as ‘shoes perfect fit’ in photoshop??
– Great and inspiring, summerly fresh photoshoot, inspired by ice-creem colors, check out here http://www.elle.de/Galerie/Eiszeit-Sorbet-Farben_1646289.html?startbild=1#galerieBild
Have I already told you, that I love Britain, London, British accent, english guys, tea and english fashion.. Anna Wintour, Christopher Bailey, Stella McCartney, Missoni, Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen and Sarah Burton.. well yes, I am a bit obssesed with UK, everything and everyone who comes out there… So this is why I actually bother to comment LFW and havnt done that yet about NFW.. And in fact, I wont.. Not that I dont like american fashion but still.. So here are highlights which I fell in love with from the first sight and what I find quite awesome, is that you can define future winter trends.. Look here:
Alexander McQueen, Burberry Prorsum, Missoni, Stella McCartney
Alexander McQueen and Burberry Prorsum
Givenchy founder of The Givenchy House in 1952, personal designer to Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy would turn 84 today.
I would like to remember him and his great creation, Givenchy label, with some favorite looks from Givenchy.
p.s. The Givenchy House had such designers as John Galliano and Alexander McQueen creating for it. Riccardo Tisci continues the great art of Givenchy at the moment. He brought some romantic gothic touch to the label, with a clear cut.
Yesterday, going to The Sartorialist I saw this picture.. Seems like an attractive girl to me, wearing stylish shoes and skeleton jacket, first it seems like rock & roll, cool and stylish, but then i realized, that actually, I personaly, am not ready to accept skeleton print as fashion, as well as I wouldn’t be willing to accept any other body parts.
However, I do see and wear skulls, as a fashion statement. Hardly any stores nowadays does not have a piece with a skull on it. Not to mention, that such fashion idol as McQueen used a skull as his signiture, famous and beloved Thomas Sabo has plenty of skulls in his collections every season, Cheap Monday also uses a variation of a skull.. Navyboot presented some of its SS12 Shoes on a skull (see picture) ..
How many of you would say no to a McQueen Scarf just because of its print? Many? Nope,
I dont think so.. All celebrities are eager to have an outfit including one.. So why is it, that skull turned into a fashion thing???.. If you wear a t-shirt with it, you are fashion.. I have read quite a few articles on it, and lots of people are talking about illuminati and their influence in this topic, but hello, illuminati comes up no matter what you discuss..
Funny enough, I am wearing my skull McQ today and feel happy about it..
What do you think?